Halloween is approaching and soon children will be walking through your neighborhood dressed as superheroes, princesses, witches and ghosts. It is time to start considering what you plan on handing out this Halloween season to your trick-or-treaters.
With kids receiving an abundance of sweet treats and sugary candy this time of year, you may want to consider healthier sugar-free alternatives for your trick-or-treaters. Candy is not only full of sugar but also contains food allergens like peanuts, nuts, milk, egg, soy, wheat and food dyes. These allergen exposures could be scary for a parent that has a child with an allergy.
Do kids really need a full bag of sugary candy? Candy in moderation is ok and even if you choose to not hand out candy others still will. Understanding that with Halloween comes candy, there are other fun non-candy options you could hand out on trick-or-treat night.
- Honey sticks – Honey sticks are a naturally sweet treat that any child would be happy to receive in their trick or treat bag.
- Mini glider planes – Glider planes are a fun and alternative gift to candy that provide amusement for kids. Not only fun in putting the plane together but also flying the plane.
- Fruit – Fruit can be made fun. Turn oranges into pumpkins and bananas into ghosts.
- 8 oz water bottles – 8 oz water bottles are the perfect size for little hands. After walking your neighborhood all night, you child will welcome the healthy bottled water to wet their whistle. If you don’t want to lug 8 oz water bottle cases to your home, we can deliver them.
- Fake mustaches – Mustaches are a fun accessory that all children and adults enjoy right now.
- Stickers – What child does not like stickers? Stickers provide fun beyond trick-or-treat night.
- Removable tattoos – All children love removable tattoos and they would be a perfect alternative to candy.
- Bubbles – Bubbles are another fun alternative gift to candy. Bubbles provide amusement to children after trick-or-treat night.
- Glow Sticks/Bracelets – While trick-or-treating, glow sticks and glow bracelets are perfect for children walking your dark neighborhood. Plus, children find them fun!
These creative, healthy alternatives for Halloween will allow children to celebrate without adding to the sugar rush. We dare you to hand out a healthy alternative to sugary candy this Halloween!