A “Cup of Joe” is the American nickname for a cup of coffee. For 100 years Joe Martinson has crafted a quality cup of coffee for each of his customers. Today, Joe Martinson Coffee, more commonly known as Martinson Coffee, continues to uphold these standards by selecting the best beans, roasting them to perfection and packing them to peak freshness to ensure a consistent and flavorful cup of coffee each and every time.
Possible History Of a “Cup of Joe”
It is not known what the exact history of where the phrase “Cup of Joe” came from, but there are many speculations about where it possibly started. What do you think is the true story?
1. “Joe” is a term used as a description of an average, ordinary gentleman. A beverage involving the word “Joe” would indicate it is for the common man. A “Cup of Joe” translated to a cup of coffee for the average man; made popular by the G.I Joe Soldiers (average men who enlisted in the military) during World War II.
2. It was named after the Secretary of the US Navy, Admiral Josephus “Joe” Daniels who abolished alcohol on Navy ships in 1914. Coffee, which was the next best choice, became the beverage of choice for sailors.
3. “Joe” is the derivation of Java: a term used by Americans for coffee during the 19th century when the island of Java in Indonesia was the major source of the world’s coffee.
4. A mispronunciation of “Cappuccino” – a coffee drink with micro-foamed milk.
5. Named after Joe Martinson who owned a coffee company in New York where the aroma of roasted coffee saturated the neighborhood. He started roasting the coffee in his mother’s kitchen and sold the fresh beans from a pushcart. He opened a small factory and started to sell it to hotels and restaurants. Martinson Coffee refer to Joe as “the real joe”.
Keeping Your Coffee Eco-Friendly
Martinson Coffee not only cares about the quality of their coffee but also their packaging. Martinson Coffee is offered in EcoCup® capsules, capsules that are 95% recyclable. These capsules allow for easily separated components that make recycling and composting simpler. After brewing your cup of coffee, there are 3 easy steps to make recycling you single cup coffee capsule easier.
1. First, click the tab above the embossed arrow on the pod.
2. Second, peel away the lid from the outer cup and separate the lid from the filter.
3. Third, recycle the outer plastic cup, compost the coffee grounds and replace the remaining lid and filter in the trash. With your help and these 95% recyclable capsules, we can rid our earth of plastic where it does not belong.
Martinson Coffee at “The Water Guy”
“The Water Guy” offers a wide range of Martinson Coffee blends to satisfy all of your employees coffee cravings. New flavors include those like Tiramisu Twist, Caramel Crème, and Italian Roast. If coffee is not your favorite warm beverage, hot chocolate may be better instead. Martinson’s Cup O’ Cocoa has a rich and creamy flavor made with the same dedication as Martinson coffee.
Martinson Coffee is known for their delicious and creative flavors, as well as, the quality they continue to put into every single cup of coffee. If you are interested in adding Martinson coffee to your order, contact us at 800-924-6841 or email@example.com.
We hope your next “cup of joe” is just the way Joe Martinson intended it to be over 100 years ago!