Here are some tips on drinking, eating and exercising your way to your swim suit body.
1. Drink extra water. Dehydration reduces performance and fat burning potential. Ice water causes the body to work harder and essentially burn more calories to maintain the ideal core temperature. TIP: Drinking two glasses of water before each meal fills your stomach, reducing your calorie intake by 70 to 90 calories.
2. Reduce your alcohol intake. This simple step will further lower the amount of calories you consume. TIP: When drinking alcohol drink a glass of water before and after to avoid dehydration.
3. Increase your daily intake of natural diuretics. Diuretics increase the speed at which fluids pass through your body. Diuretics include cucumber, lemon, asparagus, green tea and any foods with a high concentration of magnesium, potassium, vitamin C and or caffeine. TIP: Try adding cucumber or lemon to your water.
4. Reduce processed and starchy foods from your diet. Foods such as bread, pasta, cookies and crackers are loaded with sodium and preservatives reducing your water retention. TIP: Opt for fruits and vegetables that are in season.
5. Devote yourself to strength training. These types of exercises done 3 times a week will burn calories, boost metabolism for 24-48 hours and develop lean muscle. TIP: Hit the gym in the morning to ramp up your metabolism for the entire day.