Under the supervision of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of invoices and expense reimbursement. Also responsible for making sure employees follow established WG America policies and procedures. This is a flexible part-time position.
- Process invoices using proper accounting methods for vouching invoices and matching purchase orders and receipts.
- Process the American Express and Visa bills by matching expense reports to expenditures, and properly coding for entry into the general ledger.
- Verify expense reports follow procedures. Make sure all steps are followed.
- Process weekly check run and keep checks in proper order for storage.
- Verify accurate aging schedules with vendors.
- Prepare journal entries for automatic charges to the bank accounts.
- Prepare inventory transfers for the proper movement of items through the system.
- Complete spreadsheets to keep accurate information so informed decisions by management can be made. Spreadsheets include keeping track of amortization schedules, specific general ledger detail, credit card charges, cash flow, etc.
- Act as back-up for Accounts Receivable.
- Perform human resources tasks as assigned.
- Perform other tasks as required by management.
Core Competencies & Requirements
- Must be well organized.
- Must be pleasant to both internal and external customers, while maintaining a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Must have good problem solving ability.
- Must have an aptitude for numbers.
- Must be able to follow WG America policy and procedures and help other employees to do the same.
- Must be very conscientious of security issues relating to proper accounting procedures.
- The accurate entry of data into the accounting system.
An understanding of the General ledger, and its interaction with accounts payable.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Education and Experience
- High school education
- 2+ years experience in an accounts payable department.
- Accounting courses a plus.
- Knowledge of Quick Books a plus.
This job description is subject to change at any time and does not express or imply an employment contract. Employment with WG America is employment at will.