What To Do When You Are Dehydrated?
If you are a healthy adult, you can usually treat mild to moderate dehydration at home by:
- Stopping all of your activity and resting
- Get out of direct sunlight and lie down in the shade or air conditioning
- Prop up your feet
- Remove any extra clothing
Be sure to rest and take it easy for 24 hours and continue to drink a lot of fluids, even though you will begin to feel better within a few hours. Call your doctor if your symptoms get worse or you have the following signs and symptoms of severe dehydration:
- Develops diarrhea
- Has black or bloody stool
- Cannot keep fluids down
- Is irritable or disoriented
- Sleepier or less active than usual
Avoid dehydration by investing in a water delivery service for your home or office to ensure fresh water is always at hand.