Why Hydrate Skin from the Inside Out?
We all know that drinking an adequate amount of water is important for our overall health, but did you know, drinking water is also the most natural way to get glowing, healthy skin? Without adequate water intake, your skin can appear duller, while making your wrinkles and pores more prominent.
From helping your skin maintain elasticity to reducing wrinkles, water can do amazing things for your skin and overall health. But why hydrate skin from the inside out?
- Skin is an organ made up of cells. All cells in the body are at least 75% water and without hydrating your organs, such as your skin, you are not able to function properly.
- Drinking water increases your metabolic rate and improves your digestive system to help flush out toxins from the body.
- Water helps to maintain your skins elasticity.
- Hydrated skin is less likely to crack and let in external particles that cause blemishes and irritations on the face.
- Those that drink large amounts of water are less likely to suffer from scars, wrinkles and soft lines on their face.
- The more hydrated your skin is the less your pores will clog, decreasing blemishes.
- Dehydration ages your skin faster. When your body becomes dehydrated it pulls water from your skin cells, causing your skin to appear dry and your eyes to look darker.
You may be asking yourself, how much water is enough? There is no easy answer to this question as it depends on your age, health, metabolism and daily routine. The Institute of Medicine has determined adequate intake for men is roughly 13 cups (3 liters) and 9 cups (2.2 liters) for women. For an estimate of the amount of water you should drink a day to hydrate skin, the International Bottled Water Association offers a hydration calculator, which recommends water intake guidelines tailored to you.
Hydrate skin from the inside out by giving your skin a steady flow of water. Consider investing in a water delivery service to ensure fresh water is always at hand.