Moving a Bottled Water Cooler
The average person moves 11.4 times in their lifetime. Are you gearing up for a big move? Have you considered the proper way to move your bottled water cooler?
Bottled water coolers are becoming more popular and indispensable fixtures in all homes and offices. They conveniently provide immediate access to healthy hot or cold water. At “The Water Guy” we want to make sure you are prepared to move your cooler to ensure safe healthy drinking water at your new location.
Steps to moving a bottled water cooler before your move:
- Call us and inform us of your move to make sure we are able to serve you at your new location.
- Unplug the water cooler.
- Take the bottle off the cooler.
- Drain all the water from the cooler using the spigots.
- Do your best to keep the cooler upright during your move. If you lay down the water cooler be sure to lay it with the faucets facing down. If the cooler is tilted during the move, the rule of thumb is for the amount of time the cooler is tilted, it should sit upright and not be used for the same amount of time. For example: If the cooler is tilted for an hour, it should remain upright for an hour or more before use.
Steps to moving a bottled water cooler after your move:
- Make sure your cooler has been upright for the designated time recommended above.
- Put the bottle back on the water cooler.
- Ensure water comes out of both spigots.
- Plug in the unit.
- If your water cooler has a hot switch, flip it on.
- Let the unit heat for 20 minutes before use.
- Enjoy refreshing water!
We are here to help! If you have any additional questions about moving a bottled water cooler, please feel free to contact us.